shabby background

Sunday, July 31, 2011

Quick update of 5 weeks

I am terrible! But I am determined to finish this resolution out! Even if it means cheating a little bit and updating a month's worth of pictures in one post. Ha!

Jun 25-July 2: Howell Balloon Festival. I really wanted to go to this festival and just so happens Shelly calls me up and asks if I wanted to go so it worked out perfectly! We had a lovely day and there were a lot of really cool hot air balloons.

Once the sun set, the hot air balloons stayed on the ground but lit up together. It looked really cool because there were so many!



July 3-8: East Lansing visit with Ashley and Liz (and Juliet and Stephen). Found that life gets so busy that I hadn't seen Ashley in forever and would see her until August so we made time to hang out. Liz was free that day too so we decided to all get together.  

So we played with the kids and got lunch and then went to a concert at Lake Lansing for a little bit.

I can't believe she has two kids! Last time I saw her Juliet wasn't even one yet and now her second kid is one! So crazy!


Unfortunately, her truck had a bad battery and when it was past the kid's bedtime and we were ready to head home, it wouldn't start. Thankfully, her mom and dad were close and could come jump us. 



July 9-16: Hiking with Shelly and Roscoe. So on one of the hottest days of the summer (90 plus degrees), Shelly and I decided to go hike the Pinkney trail.

Notice the sweat on Shelly's back, and that was only half way thru the trail! 


We were so tired when we got done! On the way home, we drove thru Hell, MI and had to stop and take a picture.

Once we dropped off Roscoe at Shelly's air conditioned house, we went and sat in the lake and cooled off. 

This was also the day of the Brighton Americana Music Festival so we decided to drop by there and listen to some tunes and get some ice cream. Definitely a full day of activities!



July 17-21: Running errands with Mom. With the wedding coming up my mom needed to make a run to Lansing to figure out rehearsal dinner options, so we drove to Lansing. Little did I know, she treats her car as an office and was writing lists, making calls to multiple people and trying to drive. Needless to say, it wasn't the safest I've ever felt.

July 22-30: Cranhill with Impact. So I kinda got suckered into being a camp nurse with Ashley for the middle schoolers with Impact summer camp. On the way there we stopped at this lovely "restaurant". Not sure who's idea it was but, wow. 40 lb meat bundles?!?! Really?

I didn't take any pictures during camp, so I stole these next two from Facebook. This was one of the games during camp. Twister with mustard, ketchup, relish and grape jelly. The kids all smelled terrible after this game.

This was the set up for the stage. Loved the lights. Looks like a real concert venue, right?

So less than two weeks before the wedding so I will try to update before then but I can't make any promises. :)

1 comment:

Shelly said...

I love this 5 weeks in 1!!! It makes me laugh! :) I'm excited to see you twice this week!!! Vegan dinner and saturday/sunday hanging out with Nat!!!