So I have worked a lot of weekends it seems lately. Last weekend it was crazy! The hospital was completely packed to the brim. It was so bad they were having to send people to different ERs! I am not superstitious at all, but I know that full moons have an effect on the hospital. Anyway, last weekend I wondered to myself if it was a full moon, when looking it up I found that it was actually this weekend and it was a super moon!
I guess the moon was closer to the earth this weekend than it has been in the past 18 years! I bet there were a lot of babies born this weekend!
In true night shift comradery, we decided to have a Super Moon Party at work. Everything was circular or moon themed. We had cucumbers and pitas and "blue moon" tortilla chips, round pretzels, pizza, oreos....... you get the point.
I also went into the courtyard between the children and adult hospitals and took a picture of the moon. Now parents were saying how great the moon was. I was not impressed. I'm thinking it was right after sunset that the moon was biggest because when I saw it in the middle of the night it was really bright, but nothing spectacular.
Kinda a letdown, but still kinda cool. And always an excuse to have a party!
1 comment:
Hey! I'm glad to see you're still blogging! Now that its getting warmer outside, I suppose it's time for me to peel myself off the couch and start being physically active again. dangit. But that means I can start writing again, sothat works.
We should do something soon.
Post a Comment