shabby background

Friday, December 23, 2011

Almost done!

I can't believe the year is almost over! And for the first time, I think ever, I finished a New Years resolution!! Well almost...I still have a few weeks to go but I am excited to print out the book and see all the pictures put together from the year!

Nov 13-20 Microwave fire. Mom was trying to prepare for Thanksgiving when she heard a popping sound coming from her microwave. Next thing she knew smoke was pouring out of the cabinets! She had to call the fire department and everything! Put quite a damper on our Thanksgiving preparation abilities with tons of restoration people trying to clean our house and having to re-shop for a lot of our Thanksgiving food since we had to throw a lot of it away! It was crazy!


Nov 21-26 Thanksgiving. So even with the fire and the craziness we managed to have a normal Thanksgiving and mostly Gluten Free too! Summer and Grant joined us and we had a feast!



Nov 27-Dec 2 Painting at work. The new hospital was opening and I was part of the staff lounge decorating team. We decided to "illegally" paint it and so decided to do it one night when we were overstaffed. It was also my last night of working at the old hospital. It was weird since I have spent so much time there to be moving to a new building. It was almost like starting a new job, but with all the same colleagues. This is a picture on my way out on my last night.



Dec 3-10 Murder Mystery Dinner. Such a fun time and such a fun group of people! It's playing dress up for grown ups.


Notice Pat's "monkey tail" beard and "gun"

Oh and a side note: this week we moved to the new hospital and I found a fairy door in the lobby!




Dec 11-17 Wicked. Amazing musical as always. Not as good seats as when I saw it in London (front row) but still great even from the balcony! And the Detroit Opera House is beautiful and it was fun to see the "D" all dressed up for Christmas.


Dec 18-Dec 24 Work gift exchange. We decided instead of buying each other gifts this year we would do a gift exchange with As Seen on TV products! We also made cookies and had a ugliest cookie contest as well. Don't have pics of the cookies yet but will post them when I have them. We did drive around Brighton and look at the crazy Christmas lights in my parent's neighborhood. They seriously have every blown up lawn decoration possible! and lit up the whole neighborhood with their LED lights.

2 comments:

Bryce C. Rinkenberger said...

when did this murder mystery dinner thing happen? Looks like I actually missed a good time. :( Hope all is well!

Chelsea said...

The party was Dec 3rd. Wish you could have been there!